WhiteCrow Walking

My solo walk across America began in Maine. I walked for nearly 3 years carrying a backpack and facing countless dangers, as well as met wonderful people I could have never made it without. From bullets to bears I moved through mountains of snow and across burning desert country. The end result will be a book, and the fruition of a childhood dream. This is a blog from the field with rough stories about my steps along the way.

13 June 2006

I Only Have Ten Minutes--Wait--Add Thirty.

I am in the city of Natchez, with the Natchez Trace, (my trail home for four hundred miles) now completed, and behind me. As I amble back into the real world it is overwhelming. Trucks, traffic, litter, noise, and too people all flood over me with armloads of questions...or they don't see me at all. I have traded bear,and mountain cats for tractor-trailers tracks in a world of hurry. Already I miss to near sickness the world of thick forests, and nature's calm way of healing.

I met a wonderful young man doing his own traveling in an old VW bus. We shared a trail bite, and he gave me his site to explore when I can. www.fromflyoverland.com I have no time to look now but I will soon. Feel free to visit another traveler that carries a camera that is site ready.

Many storys need to be put down onto computer. For now they will rest in my journals. I am sorry that for now this is all I can do.

Jesse WhiteCrow

**
Base Camp is moving.

Jesse WhiteCrow
c/o Betty Dunbar
2888 Joppa Ave St. Louis Park, MN. 55416

Any letters, donations, or notes from the road can be sent to Betty and she does a remarkable job of seeing that everything finds it way to me. Thank you.