WhiteCrow Walking

My solo walk across America began in Maine. I walked for nearly 3 years carrying a backpack and facing countless dangers, as well as met wonderful people I could have never made it without. From bullets to bears I moved through mountains of snow and across burning desert country. The end result will be a book, and the fruition of a childhood dream. This is a blog from the field with rough stories about my steps along the way.

09 June 2006

Nearly Natchez

At Mississippi College I sit in a library. This is Clinton, Mississippi. I have already passed here by foot. In fact I am fifty miles from the town of Natchez. Last night I met a bus full of campers. We made stuffed bananas in their fire.....yes, mine was the fattest, being stuffed with M&M's, chacolate chips, coconut flakes, and every other sweet we could pack in. The whole deal was then wrapped in foil and set in the fire for 5 minutes per side. Watch out teeth, here they come. After a day of heavy hot miles--heaven. Everyone picked on my fat banana, but I have fat banana pride. It tasted great.
Later in the evening as we slapped each others hands over a card game when we should have been slapping insects on our legs, I was invited to the Mississippi College to see what 800 campers look like. So, at 5a.m. this morning all the tents came down. We climbed into buses, and cars to headed to the college. I'll keep you posted.