WhiteCrow Walking

My solo walk across America began in Maine. I walked for nearly 3 years carrying a backpack and facing countless dangers, as well as met wonderful people I could have never made it without. From bullets to bears I moved through mountains of snow and across burning desert country. The end result will be a book, and the fruition of a childhood dream. This is a blog from the field with rough stories about my steps along the way.

04 March 2007

Walking A Dream

Minutes are passing. A shower calls, a razor promises, still I have to share one last thing before I am again on the red road on to the Navajo reservation. Nearly a week ago I was coming out of the Rocky Mountains after yet another white out. I spent too much in a diner for breakfast, but I was days into being hungry and had debts to pay. When I walked back outside into the Chama cool mountain air I saw the hot air balloons filling with air down in the back lot. ........................................many pictures later, two days of flying Viking's hot air balloon under Wedgewood skies, and a whole new family of dear friends.....well, food for the book.
It wasn't until everyone was getting ready to pull away and say parting words that I remembered taking a hot air balloon across America was my original dream that I had as a child. The walk is rewarding me for following a child's dream. I bet I have too many pics of a little boy grinning foolishly from a hot air balloon with the Rockies blowing far off behind him.