WhiteCrow Walking

My solo walk across America began in Maine. I walked for nearly 3 years carrying a backpack and facing countless dangers, as well as met wonderful people I could have never made it without. From bullets to bears I moved through mountains of snow and across burning desert country. The end result will be a book, and the fruition of a childhood dream. This is a blog from the field with rough stories about my steps along the way.

12 October 2006

Red Blanket

Madill, OK

I wrote this blog once. Then I hit the NICE key in the corner Called Esc and poof-----------------------------------------------Bad word! Now I have less than an hour of library time to write. Unbelievable.

Finally the temps have dropped. Nights have been cool for a few nights to the point of pulling socks and pack cover into my sleeping bag just to make the grade so I could sleep. Yesterday I found a blanket blowing dow the road. Later in the day I found Lake Texoma. The blanket and I took a bath. The blanket turned out to be alot cleaner. As I head farther west everything thins out a little. Under short oak I set camp on Chickasaw land feeling a deeper peace come over me.