WhiteCrow Walking

My solo walk across America began in Maine. I walked for nearly 3 years carrying a backpack and facing countless dangers, as well as met wonderful people I could have never made it without. From bullets to bears I moved through mountains of snow and across burning desert country. The end result will be a book, and the fruition of a childhood dream. This is a blog from the field with rough stories about my steps along the way.

30 March 2006

Sweetwater TN...and Still Walking

Heat is already here. Not too hot to just stand and breathe, but I seem to move too much. Wet clothes by 10 a.m. Ugh. Walking tar with a backpack calls for a cart load of water here in March. That'll be a wagon load by summer. Maybe I should have swam somewhere. No. I'd hit ice, or sharks. Or sharks on ice. I'll keep heading for the boot state. New Orleans? We'll see. Based on word of mouth, it doesn't look good for the far south living in the woods like I do. I'll keep you posted. Again, sorry I can't share more now. I'll keep looking for libraries. My journal is getting fat with a need to share.
From sleeping deep in a cave in a snow storm, to a visit through charming Townsend, and the Smokies, I have covered alot of ground. The good news is that the bears didn't get me ...or my food. The bad news is that the library closes in six minutes.

Thank you all for your warm and encouraging emails. I will write notes out as soon as I can. Thanks again for staying with me.

Jesse WhiteCrow
31 Mar 2006